Sunday, August 30, 2009

Journally...

I have been on hiatus for awhile now...and truth be told I just haven't felt like blogging and I didn't want to take the time to do it. I don't even know the last time I have blogged.

Things are going well in the Beck house. We are both busily working and trying to enjoy life as best as we can in the minutes that we are allowed to do so. Summertime isn't really "summertime" for us. J's schedule doesn't really allow for summer vacations like most of the world takes hence the reason we always vacation in December or January. Which is fine by me, as most everyone travels during Spring Break or Summertime.


I have been doing well as of late...staying busy working or running. Seriously- if you can't find me, I am either at the office or running somwhere. It seems to be all that I do. My running schedule is becoming more rigourous- and there have been a few breakdowns along the way.

People have been asking me why I decided to train for a half marathon...I decided for many reasons. For years I have done the go to the gym, 5 days a week thing. And it got OLD. I was sick of the same crap different day routine. I wanted to change things, So I joined bootcamp. (I believe I have blogged about this, so feel free to scroll down should you need to know further information about this.) It became my place to go, where no one else I knew went. It was my thing. I just completed my 3rd session which is 18 weeks. During that time I met people who are huge inspirations- living proof that there are challenges out there- that if you force yourself and train yourself - you can conquer them. So, I decided to run. *Please note that I hated running. I was a cheerleader in highschool and did aerobics and kickboxing- I was in no way a "I wanna be a track superstar."

Fast forward to today: I have been training for 2 months.I can be classified as an athlete. I can run 10 miles without stopping. I have ran 4 5k's, a 4mile race, a 5 mile Marine Mud Run and others are planned. I have some awesome running buddies-who keep me going. I am now 45 days away from my first half marathon. There has been an endless amount of early mornings (when everyone in the world is snuggled in their beds), a lot of sweat and plenty of tears. These are things we push ourselves to do- just to see if we can do it.- and although there are times when ALL I wanted to do, was crawl back in bed and quit...I am thankful to still be trucking ahead.

Here are some photos over the past few months...

I know this post lacked a true update...and maybe sometime I will feel like posting one. Until then- keep enjoying life and making memories.

Hugs,

S

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, girl you amaze me!!!! You are a go getter!!! Be very proud of what you've done. Most people haven't gotten that far! Keep it up girlie!!!