Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another Month...

Flew by, without a post. The most annoying thing is I have much to write about. Which in hindsight is nice, because it will take me awhile to catch up.

My friend whom I introduced you to in my last post, lost her mom  to cancer on May 2nd. Its somewhat annoying to say "lost" as if she has gone missing or no one can find her...when in reality, when something like this happens you know exactly where they are. And you would give anything for them not to be there. I often feel like I am saying the wrong thing, not doing enough, pushing too hard to try and help...but in the end, I just wish to be the best friend I can- when the rest of the world expects her to be "over" her grief. 3 months, 8 months, 2 years from now. So many people who haven't been through something like this, put a timeline on grief. Where 6 months goes by and its "Oh, you're still having a hard time?"

 I won't ever forget that day- as it was my 8 year wedding anniversary. And a day when I found a loved one was informed of a new health issue. Needless to say, it was an emotional day.

Our anniversary fell on a Wednesday...and it was so nice to receive flowers from the one who remembers this day like I do.

We kept it fairly low key and took a trip to a delish restaurant- Villa Antonio and called it a night as in the next few weeks we had a trip to the beach planned...and really, how crazy can you get on Wednesday night? I am certainly no spring chicken anymore. Le sigh.

That's it for now my sweets- stay tuned as I have been an instagramming fool lately- which tells a pretty good story of where I have been and where I am headed.

Hugs!

No comments: